Tuesday, February 3, 2009

Fermember When. I'm over it.

Top Ten Reasons I'm Over Moving:

1. The only T-shirt I could find today is a Christmas one that has a picture of a gingerbread man on it...I wore it. Needless to say, I didn't make a lot of new friends today.

2. My PC is not set up yet and I can't get to my files for work, and I have a deadline.

3. I can't easily download the cute pictures I took of the boys eating watermelon today because my computer isn't hooked up.

4. My hubby has been stuck at work dealing with issues the last 2 nights which is 40 min. away so I have had to do the whole night time routine by myself.

5. No T.V. yet. Why does it take 2 weeks for someone to come hook up your T.V. and internet? I seriously saw a work truck sitting in a parking lot taking a lunch break and I really wanted to offer him a free lunch if he would just come over and set up the T.V. and internet, ugh!

6. No T.V. means no American Idol and if you know me at all you will know how much this is bothering me (and if you don't know me very well, you will now know :). I am a huge fan of American Idol and So You Think You Can Dance, because I think I can sing and dance and I really can't but I like to pretend that I could be on the show.

7. I still can not find my Hair Dryer!!!!

8. We are down to 1 fridge and freezer and I just did a huge Trader Joe's run (love that place) and truly had to shove things into the freezer that will undoubtedly fall out everytime we open the door...Hubby will be so annoyed :)

9. This is the appliance house. We have had to buy a microwave, a washer and a dryer. That is a pretty penny, but thanks to my parents' generous "house warming present" it wasn't as bad as it could've been. (Don't worry, the adoption donations are in a very separate account that I talked my hubby into doing so that we wouldn't use that $ for things like appliances or houses :).

10. Carpet in bathrooms...bad idea!!!

Other than those 10 annoyances, we love the house! Today big brother started a new preschool and little brother started at a new babysitters. They were both so brave, I was so proud! When we went to pick up big brother from school, little brother ran across the playground and gave him a big hug...I almost cried, mainly because I'm so tired so tears come easily, but it was pretty darn cute :)
Night, Night...

5 comments:

Rebecca said...

So sorry about the appliances. If I could I would make you some out of cardboard. :-)

Amber said...

Hey Harmony...you are always welcome to come hang out over here... use the computer, let the boys watch tv or join us for idol. That is the way it goes over here. Everyone is always welcome. And, if you really can't fit all that stuff from Trader Joes in your freezer I could take it for you...lol

Calmil2 said...

Thanks Amber...I may have to take you up on Idol because I really can't stand to miss it! I will even bring my Trader Joes stuff to share :)
As for those cardboard appliance, I might just have to make some for fun :) Harmony

Adopting1Soon said...

Hang in there, the worst is over!


(P.S. I have about 15 of those remotes.....I'm scared to throw them out in case one day I realize I need it!)

Ginny and Ben said...

I have so been there. Moving rates right up there with root canals. I am laughing at/with you - but at least you made me smile today!