Addiction is not funny. Being addicted to salt is not funny, but a little weird. Hi, my name is Harmony and I am addicted to salt. It's been 2 minutes since I last used. My hubby has always rolled his eyes at my obsession, okay, addiction (admitting it is the first step). I salt everything. I'm pretty sure if you deep fried a cotton ball and salted it, I would eat it.So, I knew I had a problem when I pretty much hit bottom yesterday... We are in the new house and everything is in boxes. I had opened and emptied the "spice" box and found many necessities such as cinnamon, basil, garlic powder, but no salt. "No big deal," I told myself, "you can eat a meal or two without salt. It's good for you, you need to cut down a little bit." So I made it through about 3 meals, and then it happened...I went crazy. I went into the garage and started opening boxes. I opened the first couple, no salt, so I casually opened a couple more, no salt. By the fifth box my heart started racing and I am pretty sure I started sweating; at one point I even lost my balance. The whole time I'm thinking, "This is crazy. It's just salt. You can live without salt. Calm down." But I couldn't, I was seeing red. Then finally, I ripped open the 10th box...Garlic Salt. Now it wasn't the Kosher Salt that I was looking for, but it will calm the shakes (get it, shakes, salt, ha).
Support group anyone???

2 comments:
you are addicted to salt. i've seen it. its not funny. i thought you were salt your coffee last we were out. incidentally, you are a very good writer. when are we writing our kids book?
When are we writing our kids book? I'm a little scared of what the title would be..."How to Know When Your Child Has a Double Ear Infection so That you Don't Punish Them When They Ask You To Turn Up the TV or Talk Louder."...Sound familiar, ha.
Harmony
Post a Comment