Sunday, February 15, 2009

Fermember When. 6 Years.



Six years ago today hubby and I got married. I could only find pictures of our engagement weekend, which is kind of fun because the weekend was hilarous! We got engaged in Malibu and stayed right on the beach and it was beautiful. But because I think I know how everything "should" go I just knew that he would propose when we went horseback riding at sunset on Saturday. So when he asked me to go walk on the pier after dinner on Friday I said, "No, I'm tired, let's just go in," I of'course wasn't thinking that he was about to propose, so poor hubby layed awake all night trying to come up with Plan B. The next morning was beautiful so we went for a walk on the beach after breakfast and about 5 minutes into it hubby disappears and when I turn around he is down on one knee saying all this sweet, sappy stuff that I don't remember because all I kept thinking was,"what's he doing, he's not supposed to propose until we're riding horses at sunset," so when he finished asking me to marry him I said, "You're asking me now?" not snotty, but seriously confused, ugh, I sure know how to blow a moment :) Of'course I said yes and was just overwhelmed with emotion. That lasted for about the 5 minute walk back to our hotel and then it was time for me to go get my nails done because I had made an appointment thinking he was going to (let's say it together now) propose while riding horses at sunset.
So, here's the kicker (ha, horses, kicker, get it? okay...) it was FREEZING during our horseback ride through the Malibu mountains and we missed the glorious sunset because we were riding in the mountains, not on the beach where the glorious sun was setting. Oh, and when they brought out the horses for us to ride they first brought out big, beautiful Elmo for me to ride and then they brought out, Sue, who could've passed for a pony for hubby to ride (see above photo). Literally when we rode through a stream not only did Sue stop in the middle and refuse to walk, but hubby's feet were touching the water. We got off those horses and ran as fast as we could to the car to get the heat on!!!
So, the proposal on the beach was so much better than the proposal would've been on horseback. Things have a way of happening at the right time, even if it's not the time we "plan". The last 6 years haven't always been smooth sailing. There have been a lot of twists and turns, but there is no one else I would want to be on this rollercoaster ride with. Happy Anniversary Honey...I Love You!

3 comments:

Amber said...

Happy Anniversary!!! What a sweet story... I love it. And, the pony pic is sooo funny.
Amber

Jillienne said...

Happy Anniversary!

Ginny and Ben said...

Hilarious! I also have a knack for ruining sappy moments.