Tuesday, February 1, 2011

Fermemberwhen. February Challenges.

So I am going to throw a few challenges into the mix because 3 kids isn't challenging enough, cough, cough. Because of my health problems (digestive in nature, I will spare you the details) I am going to try the Paleo Solution Diet (check Amazon, it's by Robb Wolf, sorry I am just so bad at linking. If anyone has an easy way to link please tell me). It is not to lose weight, although a lot of people have found success with it when trying, it is to feel better all around. I don't know if this is the answer, but it sure wouldn't hurt. I think between this and the Specific Carbohydrate Diet there is some help to be found. Basically it is no sugar, no grains, no dairy, no fun, I mean...awesome!! It is based on how the "original humans" ate....sounds a little weird, but honestly the book is excellent!! It had me laughing and learning so what the hay, let's do it. I'll let you know how I am doing once in a while, and it may not be pretty :)

My other challenge is to not buy even 1 piece of clothing for anyone in this family for a whole month. Woa, that is hefty. Since shopping tends to be a coping activity for me this is a little scary. I know, I know, maybe I am doing too much in 1 month, but rest assured....I am not giving up my 1 cup of coffee in the morning yet and my occasional glass of wine at night and....I picked a short month, hee, hee. Wish me luck!!

5 comments:

veggiemom said...

Good luck!!! You can do it!

Bridget said...

solidarity friend! (*yawn*) I wish I would have given in to the one cup of coffee rule. j/k I'll survive!

Zoe said...

Way to go! (Any chance you have Celiac's? A few friends of mine discovered their ongoing digestive problems were because of it.)

msl said...

Sure hope it helps Harmony!!! Let me know.

Chelsey said...

Toooootally laughed when you said "and I picked a short month!" like 'ha! take that goals I'm gonna beat - gotcha!' heehee