Okay, this picture cracked me up soooo much. That is so me, well hopefully not the picture of the lady, but the point of the message is very much my situation. I will do anything to avoid housework and so I stay stuck to my computer WAY too much. Yet the chaos, clutter and dirt in my house drive me crazy!!!!!
So, I'm asking for your help.....what is your favorite strategy or item or product or mantra that you use to keep your environment clean and organized and your mind at peace?? For example, my biggest annoyance is dirty toilets....YUCK....so I am now putting a brush and cleaner in every bathroom so that when I see it I can quickly clean it. I am thinking about putting cleaning supplies in every room to just be able to quickly do it when I have a moment.
My oldest son's allergy's have been so bad that I feel awful (mother's guilt) about the dust and dirt, but find it overwhelming to stay on top of.
So, let's help each other....you come clean my house and I will bake you a cheesecake, ha...okay, I mean let's share our best strategies and products!!!!


9 comments:
I hate cleaning. No, let me say that again, I HATE cleaning. Lately I've been on a mission organization HIGH. I have no idea why. It does feel good. Hmmm.... motivation for cleaning. That's tough. I'm coming to terms with the fact that I'm a junkie for gadgets. I love my swiffer mop. My husband hates it. I just love spraying and mopping. Makes me feel like I'm DOING something...and fast. Laundry... I don't fold anything. Yup. You heard me. I swear. Try it! It's soooo freeing! I make piles all around the room (workout clothes, towels, Elia's clothes, my clothes, etc.) I do not match/fold socks and underwear. They are shoved in a drawer and I am totally o.k. with it. Same w/ work out clothes. I just lay them in a drawer. Everything else I hang. Oh, towels I fold. That's it. Easy. I swear.
Looking forward to reading others' words of wisdom. I need some myself as I sit here having a stare down with the dishes. And my shower/bathtub seems to be growing something these days...
My first idea: Hire a weekly cleaning service. I don't have one currently, but the few times I did this, I felt like it was the best money I ever spent. It may seem indulgent but I see it as farming out a duty you hate so you have more time for what you love. I know when you're saving for adoption this is not always doable so....
Second idea: Although I've never read it, I hear The Fly Lady book has helped a lot of moms. I believe the system is based on doing small tasks in a certain amount of time daily so nothing builds up and becomes overwhelming. So, for example, you decide to clean for 15 each day and that's it. So you set a timer for say 5 min and do one task. When the timer goes off, you set it again for another 5 min and do another task and so on. When the full time is up, that's it for the day. You move through your cleaning tasks and before you know it, they are staying clean all week. Maybe someone hear knows more about the Fly Lady.
Otherwise, I haven't much advice. I DETEST cleaning and am the worst housekeeper in the world. I live in an old dust that makes a lot of dust. Not sure what I'll do when the kids come. Maybe start eating rice and beans so I can afford a cleaning lady :-)
Umm, the above typos are terrible... my brain is fried today. That was supposed to read '15 min" and be "here" not "hear" and "house" not "dust."
I love cleaning! I'm a person that has to have a routine so here it is: I dust and clean the windows every Friday. I wash floors and clean our bathroom on Saturday and I vacuum about three times a week. I do laundry on Wednesdays and Sundays. If I have a really bad day at work I vacuum. I feel so much better after I clean. I know it's crazy!
I love nothing more than a clean house...but alas...we got a dog...HA! Clean no more!!
I am amazed that I can wash the floor one hour, to have water from the water bowl spot it up within the next hour!
I have no plan...clean when it is raining...enjoy the sunshine when it is out.
Hoping for your good June news soon! :)
FlyLady girlfriend! Google her. The everyday bathroom cleaning, keep the sink clean, and declutter 15 minutes a day will make you feel better for a good start. And also, don't be so hard on yourself. :)
I was just going to say that Theresa is a FlyLady girl. I have to admit that I have a cleaning lady who comes in every two to three weeks. I just like to get it all cleaned all at once. Otherwise, I try to clean up the house before I go to bed, that way I don't feel overwhelmed when I get up in the morning.
I know we already talked about it... but I really like the dis-infectent wipes. I keep them in the bathrooms and the kitchen to quickly clean up messes.
I also do laundry every Friday, fold and put away at some point on the weekend.
Once we got to 4 I made sure the you take it out- you put it away rule stuck. And, they can only play with one thing at a time.
I also do a 15 minute tidy up at nap and after I put the little ones down.
But, I will start using more of the above advice as well bc I am having a hard time keeping up ;)
The only advice I can give that works for me is to have a dedicated day where you clean certain rooms. Laundry is always Sunday. Vacuuming and picking up is Saturday morning before we go out for the day. AND, the best advice...have your husband do the bathrooms especially the toilets every Saturday. It really works out nicely. When my house is a mess, I feel out of control so by Saturday afternoons I'm feeling great...best part, you start off your week with a clean house. Good luck!!!!
Post a Comment