Wednesday, June 23, 2010

Fermember When. 8.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
I'm sorry to say that I don't think anyone will win the cookbooks because sadly we have not received our referral and according to our case manager it doesn't look like we will receive a referral on time to make it through courts. Courts close for August and September so it looks like the earliest we will travel will be the end of Oct. We can still receive a referral while courts are closed, but it does slow down quite a bit, so maybe not.
I had a REALLY rough beginning of June, but now that I received "official" word that it is not happening any minute I am actually doing much better. I am not jumping every time the phone rings or checking my E-mail every 2 seconds....ok, I am still checking my E-mail but that's just an addiction, so oh well. Plus I was able to plan a trip home to WI in July, which I seriously need.
My emotions are all over the place. The closer it gets the more scared I get, the more I think about quitting, the more I see pregnant women and wonder if that should be me, the more all mixed up I get. But I know it is just a normal stress protective response. With both my boys when we found out I was pregnant we had that moment of, "what have we done??" I am just feeling very maternal, very biological clock tickingish (so not a word), so ready to hold a baby in my arms. But, it will have to wait and that's okay, because, well, nothing we can do, but shop, oh, I mean, but read and learn and enjoy my boys and that's exactly what I'm doing!!!
xoxo, H

7 comments:

Brendan and Mary said...

I was wondering if you'd heard anything...really disappointed for you guys that it didn't happen yet. At least you're able to breathe now and enjoy a vacation home.

Bridget said...

Believe you me. I understand the biological clock thing. And the fear thing. And the e-mail addiction thing. Not so much the shopping thing. I wish. Sigh.

Sorry that this has been so hard. Let's get together and make it not-so-hard!

Lisa said...

Hang in there girl. It will come when you least expect it :) And then there will be joy. So much joy for your family.

KT said...

Sigh...I was thinking about you the other day as I saw July approaching quickly...on to better months ahead!

Zoe said...

You are handling things great! The child/ren meant to be yours will be coming at just the right time. In the meantime, enjoy your summer vacation. Time is ticking and the next addition to the family will soon be on her way...

Laura said...

Hang in there it's tough. But when you get it it will be the right child at the right time. Remember too that sometimes just because you have the referral you don't always get to court soon. I got my referral in June of 09 and didn't travel until March 10. So here is to hoping when you get your referrall you get a speedy court date. Believe me there were many times I felt tlike giving up but in the end it all worked out for the best.

SS said...

So happy that you are in a better place - end of June. Me too. Keep sending the deals you come across and I promise to as well!! Retail therapy is the best I've paid for yet - a double benefit: a brief emotional high and clothes for our little ones (so what if we have to pack them away for a while!)...