
I've become a pretty bad blogger, sorry :) This adoption experience is so draining that sometimes I'm just so tired that I can't think of what I want to say.
We go from so excited to disappointed. From confident to unsure. So, the basics are that adoption is messy. When things seem too good to be true they often are. We are ready, or as ready as we can be, for anything at this point.
The birthmom's parents want to know if we can "help" the birthmom by providing things/gifts that we don't think are appropriate, so we said no. They really seem to be desperately worried about their daughter and want to make her happy, but we have explained that counseling and an open adoption are what we hope will make her happy and what we are able to provide.
I am really hoping that we understand each other at this point. I mean the birthmom is 37 weeks today, which is considered full term, so basically we could be called at any time. Will we be called? Will they try to find a family that will provide the things that they want for their daughter? They say no, but at this point, who knows.
So, until I am holding baby girl in my arms and papers have been signed I am not counting on anything. I can only hope that if this does go through that we can have a relationship with this family that does not take a toll on our family.
Please say prayers and good thoughts for our family now and for the future.
Peace.

5 comments:
Oh, this is intense. Hang in there - big hugs from me.
I know this must be so hard for you...you are doing this right though and that is what you need to hold on to in your heart. I hope that we get to hear about that call and that sweet girl being placed in your arms!
ugh... really just ugh... this is so not an easy process. But, I think about you all the time and I pray and send good thoughts your way. Just hang in there and if there is anything I can do to help just let me know.
What a roller coaster! I'm glad you're sticking to what you feel is right. I think you're on the right page. Good luck staying strong until you know something for sure.
Saying no must have been hard, but it is the right thing to do...
That is one reason I went with international.... but that doesn't mean you should, it just means there are different ways these types of adoptions can get messy. I have quite a story about the birthmom meeting myself...
So hard. Hang in there....
Post a Comment