
It has been a while since I have posted anything about our adoption. We have had A LOT going on but I wasn't ready to post about it until we were more sure of the changes that were happening. We are now sure that we are making a big change in plans....we have decided to take a different adoption path. We are now planning a domestic adoption and we are very excited. It is hard to make changes and at first I wasn't sure I could leave our path of adopting from Ethiopia (for now:) as I felt so connected to the group of people I know that are adopting from Ethiopia and I was beginning to feel very connected to the country itself.
But I really feel like this baby found us and that this was meant to be!!!! It has not been easy. Adoption never is. There is a lot of sadness and pain associated with the birthfamily's loss and it really pulls at my heart strings. Even if everyone knows adoption is the best, loving plan for the baby, it still hurts.
This process has strengthened my relationship with my most wonderful Sister-in-Law who brought us together with the birthfamily, she is truly an amazing, wonderful person and I am so proud to call her my sister. The process has strengthened my faith in a higher power, karma, and letting go.
Last night I had the amazing opportunity to E-mail with the birthmom. It was heart wrenching and wonderful. I think we could've E-mailed back and forth all night. We both want so much to know each other and to form a relationship that will give OUR daughter security and a sense of being loved by so many. It is uncharted territory. It is scary and it is beautiful :)
We have a few more steps to get through. We need the birthfather to sign papers to terminate his paternal rights and we need the birthmom to sign papers after the baby is born before this baby girl can become our daughter. We are staying positive and all signs point to our baby girl joining our family very soon.
So, we are excited to announce that our Daughter is due on August 7th!!!!! Please keep all involved in your thoughts and prayers.

9 comments:
Soooo exciting and soooo scary and sooooo huge.
Don't worry - this is one Ethiopian connection that is still out here!
Very exciting! Don't worry, we won't excommunicate you. We love you.
So excited for you! And it's happining so soon! I think of this community more in terms of an adoption network than specifically an Ethiopian adoption network--though it's great to have others within the larger circle whose path has similarities with your own. I'm looking forward with anticipation to watching your story unfold.
xoxoxo
So exciting Harmony and meant to be!
Julie's right, we love you and no way is anyone kicking you out - you're stuck with us!!!
Congratulations on your new journey!!! I hope you find peace as you move throught this process.
Hey Harmony, I cannot believe how this has unfolded. I am in such shock. We have been keeping you guys in our prayers and will continue to do so. How crazy that in just a few short weeks your baby girl could be in your arms. I am so happy for you. May these next few steps come smoothly and quickly for you. p.s. I also think you are doing an amazing job starting the communication with the birth mother. That is something that is crazy and hard, but will be such an asset to your daughter someday. We love you!!!
Holy Moley! What exciting (and beautifully terrifying) news! :) Soooo happy for all of you. I believe the best of things happen in this world when we let go of the plan and allow life to happen to us! Blessings to you and fingers crossed for August 7th!
So exciting!!!!!!
Harmony, this is really wonderful -- I am so excited for you and for this little girl! It's amazing how things happen. All of you will continue to be in my prayers.
Post a Comment