Wednesday, September 16, 2009

Fermember When. Patience, Blah.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Well, I'm getting my first taste of "waiting" in this adoption journey and well, I'm not liking it much :)  I have all our papers notarized for the Dossier (which is a packet of papers that tell all about us and it goes to the U.S. Government and the Ethiopian Government for review before we can complete our adoption) and now I am just waiting for our Homestudy Report.  Our social worker originally told us it would only take 2 weeks to complete the report, but because we had such a crazy summer with the domestic adoption that didn't go through, she was on hold until August 19th, when I told her she could complete the Homestudy report as an International Homestudy report.  Well, I just kind of thought that it would only take 2 weeks from August 19th, but alas I was wrong...it's still not done :(  Once she finishes it she sends it to her office to be reviewed, then it goes to me for corrections, then to WACAP for corrections, then it has to be notarized by the Homestudy agency, then I receive it and send it with the rest of the Dossier to get Authenticated at the state level....Woa...did you get all that, ha.  So as you can see there are a lot of steps to go and I can not stand.....waiting.  So, how will I be when all the paperwork is done and we are waiting for the referral of our baby girl???  And that wait is estimated at 1-10 month, usually around 4-8 months.  Oh, boy, I'm going to need to get a hobby....any suggestions???

4 comments:

KT said...

Two weeks...two months... unfortunately in adoption land, there isn't always much differentiation between the two!

Brendan and Mary said...

4 - 8 months??? That I cannot comprehend! In Canada, we are looking at 22 - 25 months for a referral from Ethiopia. Honestly, I don't get where that discrepancy comes from...

I have no advice for the wait except enjoy your boys and be grateful you're not in Canada!!

Mary

Jess said...

Unfortunatly all you can do is take it day by day. I've learned as I'm sure you have too, some days are harder than others:( But we'll get there, whenever the right time is... thinking of you!

writex3 said...

it stinks, doesn't it. I'm sorry, I know its hard. No suggestions except hang onto your sanity by your very fingernails if you have to.