Every year I get the "Fall Funk". I was hoping I wouldn't get it this year because I pretty much had the "Summer Funk" with the loss of my friend and our domestic adoption. Oh, and it's been like 100 (million) degrees here so it doesn't really feel like fall....BUT...I think it might be setting in. This year I just miss Fall so much that I'm in a Funk, ha. I want to put on a big warm sweater, jeans, socks, boots and feel the crispness in the air. I want to drink hot apple cider or a cup of coffee and take a walk on State Street. I want to read a thought provoking book, stare out into the nothingness and well, just think.
I'm also still waiting for my Homestudy Report and feeling like I'm falling behind. I don't know what or who I'm falling behind to, but it's still a yucky feeling. I think i've seen a few new people post that they just got on the waiting list with our agency and they are waiting a girl, 0-18 months, just like us. I know, I know, it's all about timing and when we see our baby girl's face we will know that the timing is perfect. But, I'm still feeling like this will never happen :( Also, I was really hoping to get through court before it closes next summer and I just don't know if we will make it.
So, yup, basically the "Fall Funk". I think i'll go make some Hot Apple Cider and turn up the A/C....pretty close :)

4 comments:
Hope things are better soon. (((((hugs)))))
My friend asked me the other day if I get a "September Funk?" It seems to be a time of great flux with so many things. Like starting back to school or the free feeling of summer ending. Do you think you are predisposed to feeling this way because of these things? For me, September is always a time of change.
We had our first 'fall' day today...windy...cold...
I tend to get my 'funks' in winter when we are trapped inside for days on end.
As for the 'waiting'...it just stinks...especially when you are waiting on others to do their jobs. Hoping you get some positive news soon!
It will happen. It really, really will. I promise.
If you want fall, fly up for a visit anytime (-:
Post a Comment