YOGA
Progress in a few different areas:
Energy: Thank you for all your suggestions! I have really uped the water and I just have to pee more, no actually I do feel a little better, but I do have to pee more :) I just can't quit the coffee, but I am quitting the Diet Coke. AND I went to Yoga and it felt great...even when my legs and arms were shaking because I am embarrassingly weak right now. I did have TONS of energy afterward for about 3 hours and then I wanted to fall over, I was so tired.
Skin: I bought Coconut oil today, so i'll let you know if that helps the skin. I'm not sure if I am supposed to eat it or rub it on my face? It says I can do both, hmm. It sure does smell amazing!
Adoption: I finished a few pieces of paperwork and I am waiting for our birth certificates to come in the mail so I can mail the 1600a form which asks our government for permission to bring an orphan into the U.S.A. We have not started our Home Study yet because it is hubby's busy time at work (taxes), so hopefully after tax day we will send in our contract to get started on our homestudy.
Cheesecake Cookbook: Today I am making a Pumpkin Cheesecake. Anyone want to come over to taste it??? Truly I need tasters and I need to get it out of my house so we don't eat it all!! I am still working on the Cookbook, but I have set a deadline for the end of April.
Kids: Big Brother is 5 and now knows everything, thank goodness because I have been wondering about a few things and now I can just ask him :) Little brother is putting more words together like "Go get it!" so sweet. Our favorite is, "It's Better" which he says when he gets a boo boo and we kiss it.
New Challenge: I am really getting annoyed by the amount of water bottles we go through. They collect on the floor of my car, they are all around the house. You would think I drink a lot of water, but as you know I don't. Every time I have tried to go to the store bought water bottle that you have to re-fill, I have failed. I dream of everyone in the house having their own water bottle that gets refilled, so why can't we do it? Those "disposable" ones are just so darn easy. Any suggestions?


7 comments:
I really don't need any cheesecake but if you are trying to get rid of it I will gladly take it off your hands. It's a sacrifice but....
My trick with water bottles is that we all get a fancy looking water bottle I am currently sporting the one that looks like an iceberg on the top (can't remember what it's called) and hubby has Figi and oldest has Smart Water. We get the big ones and we have a reverse osmosis system that we use to fill them up. We like feeling fancy so it helps us keep them around longer! Sad but true!
I couldn't agree more with Jilliene...
on the cheesecake and the prettier or cooler (for the boys) the water bottle the more tempting it is to keep re-using. And, I have found that the aluminum (i think?) ones seems to keep the water tasting more refreshing than the plastic??? Just my 2 cents
I think I reeeeeaaaaalllly need to figure out where in Sunny CA you live so I can just happen to "be in the neighborhood" for a cheesecake tasting one day :-)
As for the water bottles, don't get me started...it's my personal soapbox. I HATE buying water and I HATE disposable water bottles. We have a basket in the kitchen full of "permanent" water bottles...some are SIG (the aluminum), some are from REI (Nalgene), some have built in insulation...whenever I leave the house I just grab one, fill it up w/ cold water (from the brita in the fridge) and off I go. Personally, my fave is a Nalgene I bought at REI--it has a handle so you can carry it easier (but the handle isn't part of the open/close lid...that's important!). I know, I sound a bit crazy but I really hate all the plastic bottles people toss every day.
The key is to invest in permanent bottles. But definitely don't keep refilling the one time use plastic bottles (Fiji, Evian, Dasani, etc) because they are made of plastic that is meant to break down--so when you use it past it's one-time limit, you are just drinking horrible, plastic chemicals... blech-tasting and unhealthy.
Told you it was my soapbox. How about this... we meet somewhere in the middle...you give me a cheesecake and I'll give you some cool water bottles! :-) Win Win!
xoxo-k
PS..
ok... when I see my rant all printed out... oh dear! Sorry about that! I just got on a roll! We all have our causes...I guess mine is water bottles... :-)
We were SO bad about water bottles at our house...all of the ones with ONE SIP taken out of them than no one will claim...empty bottles all over. We NEVER bought water when we lived in Idaho (FRESH spring water to our tap!) but when we moved to Utah...LOOK OUT! NO ONE will drink the water! We finally bought a water purifier that hooks onto the sink
($18.00 at Target)...Problem solved! :) Well...kinda...now we have styrophome cups all over! HA! There is no winning. :D
I LOVE CHEESECAKE...No really...I LOVE it. I am really looking forward to you finishing that cookbook. ;)
Our water apparently comes from below a bog so needless to say, we filter it with the Brita filter that goes in a container with a spigot and sits in your fridge. That way its always nice and cold and the kids can help themselves (for better or worse!).
I don't know and don't take my word for this, but I read my runners magazine and elsewhere that tap water is generally FINE to drink. I think corporate waer companies are a ploy. I don't believe in buying bottled water (not judging, just saying) I drink tap water. Craig drinks filtered water from the fridge. But, either way we both have refillable containers. FYI, they have REALLT CUTE refillable water canisters for $10 at Pottery Barn, just bought one today. They might inspire you to make a move towards refillable containers. :)
Cindy
Post a Comment