Monday, March 30, 2009

Fermember When. Need Suggestions.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
I need some suggestions.  I am NOT a morning person.  Never have been and as much as I try, never will be.  My energy level is pretty low lately.  I eat pretty healthy.  I am not exercising, other than chasing after young boys all day (and I mean my children, not Zac Efron types:).  I'm starting back to Yoga tomorrow.  

So, I'm looking for suggestions to increase my energy level.  I want glowing skin, a skip in my step, a happy heart without joining a cult or using illegal substances.  Is there a way?

I drink 1-2 cups of coffee in the a.m. and sometimes a Diet Coke in the afternoon.  I do not drink enough water.  I think hobbies help, but who has time for a hobby with young children?? I've imagined meditation, but then fell asleep.

Has anyone found a "schedule" that works for them?  Supplements? Foods?  What do you do or eat that gives you boundless energy?

Thanks for your input...it's a 2 cup of coffee day...gotta go get some Joe... 

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

Definitely drink more water. If you are dehydrated you will feel tired. Exercise-you know the heart pounding type-will give you more energy in the long run. I know it is hard to fit in with the kids. I am also having that trouble now with three kids : ( But I know it will help! It also alleviates stress and is overall more healthy than wine : )

rebekah said...

Well, the impending child is certainly taking energy. I had a very slow period in February when we were figuring this adoption out.

Go to bed earlier?

Also, we do this liver cleanse every 6 months or so - it's not a drink all your vegies or only eat grapefruit kind of deal, it actually makes sense. The Inside out Diet - Cathy Wong. I always feel like I can take on the world by the end of the week. (we only do it for a week)

Anonymous said...

I am sooooo not a morning person either.

More water, as previous readers have said, really helps. Caffeine dehydrates the body so water is all the more important.

Cardio and exercise -- really important for energy.

Superfoods are also great. I'm trying to get into the habit of having Greens Plus or a similar superfoods supplement regularly.

I'm a terrible night owl but I notice I have much more energy if I'm asleep by midnight. If I had to get up earlier with kids, I'd push that back to 10 or 11pm.

Jennifer said...

Drink more water, no soda (sugar highs/lows) eat less meat but make sure you get protein, lower carbohydrates (they make me very lazy). Walk to the park if close enough, or around it if not. I really need to lower my carbs...really. Good luck!

Calmil2 said...

I must try the Liver cleanse. So by lower carbs, do you think that the Wetzel pretzel I had for a snack and the lasagna for lunch will probably not increase my energy, ugh!!!
Keep them coming!! What about that fish oil stuff? I've also heard Coconut oil tablets are good for skin, anyone tried that? I do take 1 Emergen-C packet in H2O per day and I have been sick less.
I should probably go dump my Diet Coke that I'm drinking down the drain :(

Jennifer said...

This is going to sound really silly, but 2 Flinstone vitamins in the morning with breakfast, and 2 in the evening with dinner. Drink lots of water in between.

Told you it would sound silly, but that does the trick for me. If I don't have my vitamins (even though I eat very healthy), I drag. It's simple, easy, and cheap! My three favorite things! :-)

Rebecca said...

Everyone else gave you such great and healthy suggestions. I was just going to say..."Red Bull" or maybe "Rock Star." As in...energy drinks. More than one per day, maybe more than two per day. Just kidding. :-0 Hah hah. Not healthy, but there are days when it's the only thing that works for me. :-)

writex3 said...

This is painful to even write, but ditch the coffee. I know, I know, I love it so myself. But after 1-2 days of headache, you'll be over it and actually have more energy. And there's always decaf...which isn't the same either, esp. if you've discovered Sidamo & Yirgacheffe on your adoption journey. And the exercise is key, too - lift & cardio - do something 3x a week min and you'll find yourself doing more. I know, I don't look like I do this, but I really do but the problem is that there are things like your cheesecake in the world to counter it all. The "turtle" looks DIVINE!

los cazadores said...

The Fountain of Youth.

I'm pretty sure that is the answer you seek.

When you find, please let me know. :)

Cindy