we were freaked out also about our HS...but it ended up being really great. Kinda fun almost and very helpful. It wasn't US versus HER it was the three of us making this thing work. You are delightful (and I'm sure the rest of your family is pretty cool too) so just relax. And if all else fails: coconut cheesecake.
Don't panic - it's going to be fine! We had a great time during ours. The social worker was really cool and we ended up just chit-chatting most of the time. She's also been doing our post placement reports and it's always fun to see her again. So deep breath and as Kat said - there's always coconut cheesecake!!
You are going to do fantastic. C'mon it can't be any worse than my children acting completely crazy with our social worker. I promise it all will be just fine :)
They just want to make sure you are good people. My SW barely noticed how spotless my house was after I'd cleaned for hours! Don't worry... you can tell in 5 minutes over the phone that you're 'good people'.
I love coffee and blogs in the morning....okay, maybe all day!!! I'm married to a wonderful man who puts up with my many moods. I have 2 hilarious, cute as can be little boys and a beautiful daughter who we were blessed to adopt from Ethiopia. I grew up in Wisconsin but left the cold tundra for sunny CA. I am a photographer and artist and whatever comes next. I'm always coming up with crazy projects that keep me completely overwhelmed! I need art as much as I need air to breathe, slightly dramatic, but true. I have an amazing group of girlfriends and my sister who keep me real. I miss my mom and dad who are still freezing in WI. I'm working on enjoying the present moment because it goes by too fast.
Contact me at: www.Harmonypyperstudio.com
10 comments:
Take a deep breath. You will be fine. Our social worker was more interested in our walk in shower than she was in anything else!
Just remember this is one step closer to bringing home your new little one!
Oh maybe bake her a sneezecake too!
Things will go great! Good luck!
It will go great. Your house doesn't have to be perfect. Just be yourself and relax. And don't forget to breath.
we were freaked out also about our HS...but it ended up being really great. Kinda fun almost and very helpful. It wasn't US versus HER it was the three of us making this thing work. You are delightful (and I'm sure the rest of your family is pretty cool too) so just relax. And if all else fails: coconut cheesecake.
Don't panic - it's going to be fine! We had a great time during ours. The social worker was really cool and we ended up just chit-chatting most of the time. She's also been doing our post placement reports and it's always fun to see her again. So deep breath and as Kat said - there's always coconut cheesecake!!
You are going to do fantastic. C'mon it can't be any worse than my children acting completely crazy with our social worker.
I promise it all will be just fine :)
You will be FINE. You will do GREAT.
Enjoy. I bet you'll even have fun.
Relax. I sure it will go great. And after it is all done you will be one big step closer to finishing your paperwork.
They just want to make sure you are good people. My SW barely noticed how spotless my house was after I'd cleaned for hours! Don't worry... you can tell in 5 minutes over the phone that you're 'good people'.
Post a Comment