Saturday, March 12, 2011

Fermemberwhen. He's 7.


I should be in bed. Big birthday party happening here tomorrow. But the sooner I go to bed the sooner I wake up and my first baby is 7 yrs old....unbelievable!! This boy, oh this boy, I could write a novel about this one but because the tears are already streaming down my face I think I will make it short.....
He made me a mom....he changed my life completely. Once he was born I understood what people meant by having your heart walk around outside your body. I also understood that I would never sleep soundly again. Not just because he would wake me up when he was teething or when he had a fever or when he was scared of the monsters in his closet, oh no....I would never sleep soundly again because I would lie awake wondering how I could protect him from meteors that would undoubtedly drop out of the sky at any moment. Oh, or wait, what if elephants stormed through our front door...then what??? Or what if someone broke his heart or laughed at him or teased him or punched him. And what will happen when he goes to college?? Can I go with?? I mean, that's cool, right?? I mean i'll get a room across the hall, it's not like I'm going to live with him. Sigh....this is so hard. And yet....it is so amazing. He's like this little person now. He sings Firework with me loudly in the car and we go to Starbucks to "talk" and have "mom time". He came home and told me he had a crush on a girl in his class and he was so cute and shy about it and we talked about it and, well.....my heart broke a little. "I thought you were going to marry me?" is what I wanted to say, "you said so when you were 3" is what I wanted to whisper....But he's not 3 anymore, and her name is Jenny and "she's really nice and smart mom." Okay Baby....but you can't marry her.....not yet (ever).
I love you Honey!!!! I couldn't be prouder!!!! Happy 7th Birthday!!!!
-Mom-

4 comments:

msl said...

Big lump in my throat first thing in the spring ahead morning!! It just goes way to fast!! Happy Birthday Beautiful Boy!!!

Kat & Stacy said...

oh... what a sweetie! Happy Birthday!!!

Bridget said...

How was the big day?! love you and your boy!

Amber said...

happy birthday to a sweet and amazing little boy who will always be your baby no matter how big he gets :)