Here are the official rules when you receive this award:
1. Thank the person who awarded it to me, and link the person’s blog on mine. (Did That) 2. Identify seven things about myself. (Doing that next) 3. Award seven bloggers with the “Kreativ Blogger Award,” post links to their blogs, and leave a comment on each of their blogs, to let them know of the honor. (Going to do that last).
Seven Things About Myself:
1. Very scared of Death. Thought I would start with a light one, ha. Death of myself, death of family, death of friends. I don't like to think about it and yet I think about it too much.
2. Feeling like I am finally coming into myself. I am freeing myself of obligations that don't feel right and that weigh me down. I am freeing myself of the guilt that comes along with doing things for myself...things that I love.
3. Speaking of things that I love...ART!!! I started doing art in High School because my friend Heather talked me into taking Art as an elective. It opened a whole new world for me, for both of us. After High School I concentrated on academics in College and packed my art away. Then came work and kids. Once in awhile, when I couldn't take it anymore, I would do a piece and then put it away again. After Heather died, I had a dream. I was standing in a room. Staring at the walls and there was art hanging on the white walls around the room. I realized it was my art show. I backed up and sat down on a heavy wooden bench, still looking at the art and then I looked to my right and there was Heather, sitting next to me. All of a sudden, I couldn't breathe, it was so real. She was looking at my art and said, "Good job Harm." I could barely get out, "I miss you." She just smiled at me and said, "I miss you too." I turned back to look at the art and when I looked to my right again...she was gone. I woke up and could hardly breathe as tears streamed down my face. It was so real.
It took months and a few other powerful experiences to make me realize that this is really who I am...an artist. So, I set up a folding table in the baby's room and pulled out my supplies and have almost finished 2 pieces...feels amazing.
4. I have major attention and organizational issues, oh, and I can't spell to save my life (great, i'll probably die from bad spelling...see, more Death talk, ugh).
5. I can not believe that I am going to have a daughter....amazing. I love my boys. I never knew love could feel like this. After my 2nd son was born I had a moment when I realized that I may never have a daughter and I was deeply sad. I have one sister. My mom and I are very close. I yearned for the experience of having a daughter. My husband finally said to me..."Why don't we adopt? We've always talked about it, so let's do it." Adoption was something I always wanted to do, but never thought I would, if that makes sense...kind of? Not really? I was worried that I couldn't go "outside of the box". That I couldn't not worry about what my parents would think, what my friends would think. I have always wanted to be a rebel, but never really was. I have cared way too much about what others think of me...NOT ANY MORE :)
6. I don't really like sweets. I prefer salty and fried foods...yum!
7. I think life is all about the people that you surround yourself with. I have been through some "forced" freindships, some negative, draining relationships and I am thankful for the experience because now I run the other direction!! The friends I have now keep me sane, laughing and loving life. I am so lucky!!!
If you are still reading...yikes that was longer than I thought it was going to be...here are the 7 blogs I am awarding:
1. Life, Love and Lots of Laughter. This is my good friend that lives 10 minutes away and she is also adopting from Ethiopia. Our families have become close and it is one of the biggest blessing we have had this year.
2.Adoption Journey. This couple has been on a roller coaster with adoption. Their agency went bankrupt and now they are switching gears. Even with the hardship they find a way to be positive.
3. A Couple Coupons . This blog is by a blogging friend (I think we were separated at birth) who tries to help others learn how to save a lot of $$ by using coupons and frequent shopping cards. I can't really keep up with the math, but at the end of her shopping trips she saves a boat load of money, so I am going to continue to try to do the math :)
4. Ethiopian Adoption Journey. This mom just brought home her beautiful little girl this year. Her posts are very informative, honest, and open and I have learned so much from her.
5. Sticky Mango Feet. This mom is a teacher and she is also waiting for her referral. The wait is hard and I admire her honesty and strength. Also, I love teachers. She has a challenging class, but I can tell that she is so dedicated to helping the most needy children and I love that. And let's face it, she has the best blog name!!
6. This Is The Life. You can just feel the Southern Sweetness on this blog! They just passed court and will be bringing home their baby girl from Ethiopia soon.
7. Little Ethiopia(n). Last but not least...one of my favorites :) She probably will not be able to take the 2 hours that has taken me to write this post because she has adorable twins that just came home from Ethiopia in August. She has helped me through a difficult year and I am oh, so grateful.
Wow, I'm starting to think this was a prank and not an award, ha...that took forever...anyone out there??? Helloooo...Helloooo


6 comments:
Great lists! But it does seem like an award should be less burdensome
:-) Fear of death is high on the list of most common fears people have... me included. My faith helps me, but hasn't taken it away (yet!). I think it's fantastic that you are rediscovering so many things about your truest self.
Wow, thanks for the honor! I'll get on this.... I happen to have a bunch of posts "saved" that I write on the weekends, that way during the week when I'm busy with C I can just publish them each morning when we are super busy. But this weekend I will get on this award. Thank you so much! That's really a nice surprise :-)
Wow. You absolutely made my day! It may be a silly award, but really, it's soooo nice knowing that someone is out there reading...and connecting....and listening.... I LOVE this blogging community. LOVE IT. Thank you so much, you are so sweet! I really appreciate all of your kind words!
p.s. your dream was so powerful. amazing.
That was a very powerful dream! Don't even get me started on death...I worry and think about it way too much :)
Thanks for the award...what an honor ;) I'll pass it along very soon.
I love reading your blog!
Post a Comment