Well, tomorrow is a big day...my first baby starts Kindergarten. I really didn't think it was going to be a big deal since he's been going to pre-school for a few years now, plus he is so excited to start. But, he's going to the "big school". The one we've been talking about for a few years but it seemed so far away...not anymore. I swore I wouldn't be one of the moms that cried, I mean that's silly, it's not like it's boarding school (although sometimes that sounds like a good option...for me, yes, as in, i'll go live in Switzerland and go to school...cool).
On Tuesday we had a "special" day. It was just the two of us and we went to lunch, shopping for really fast running shoes and then to the book store. I sat at lunch playing tick-tac-toe and genuinely laughing at my hilarious child. There was just a moment, when he was strategically staring at the game that tears welled in my eyes, not out of sadness, out of amazement. Amazement that this very cute, funny, loving child is my son. Then his spaghetti came and he started eating it with his hands and I realized we might want to work on manners before we ship him off to Switzerland, I mean Kindergarten.
So I just wanted to tell my Kindergartner to have a wonderful first day. It's okay to be shy at first, remember all you have to say is one word, "Hi" and then see what happens. I hope you are excited to learn because it will open so many doors in that creative brain of yours. I just want you to know that you are perfect just the way you are and I hope you surround yourself with friends that appreciate you and all that you do. At the end of the day, I'll be here. When you learn something amazing, when someone hurts your feelings, when you win the race and when you fall down...I'll be here.
Good luck Baby. Have Fun. I love you.
Mommy




3 comments:
Oh the first day. I am not an emotional person at all, but yet I bawled like a baby after I dropped my daughter off last year! Hope it isn't too hard.
PS there are seat sales to Switzerland, maybe it's not too late!!
Aw, the first day of school is such a big moment in a mom and child's life. I have pictures of the first day of school all the way thru this year (my oldest is a Jr. in high school)! He's going to have a blast!
What a wonderful and supportive mom he has... and hope it's a fantastic day for him.
Post a Comment