I am here....
Wrapped in the cozy love of a week at a cabin with my sweet, grizzly man and my soft, squishy babies who are only babies in my eyes....forever.
Now I am here, back to my daily life, back to the ghosts of my past and future.
Let them go, stay here....but I can't...
One is my best childhood friend who took her life and some of mine with her.The ghost of her encourages me, yells at me, makes me strong, then turns me weak....much like she did during our earthly time together. Yet she is addictive, even in her ghostly state, maybe even more so.
She holds a cloud of sadness over my head, toying with the line. Chuckling as she makes it rain or pulls it back to reveal a touch of golden warmth on my upturned face. Then she releases the line just as I begin to smile at the light and returns the gray.
I am here in my sadness and guilt but as the New Year approaches, I must move on.
Time to let go.
Time to forgive.
Her.
Me.
It is time.


2 comments:
Sometimes when I feel like this I take a balloon to a wide open place or the beach, say what I need to let go of, and let the balloon take flight carrying all those negative emotions away. I hope your balloon moment is NOW.
heartbreaking, poetic, beautiful.
hugs
Post a Comment