Well, plans have changed....not a big shocker in the adoption process....but it did require quite a bit of scrambling. We leave THIS FRIDAY for Ethiopia. We were told by our agency that we can attend the first court hearing if we want and we decided to go for it. If all goes well we will now have Baby Girl home by Christmas and we are just so ready to be together as a family of 5. So off we go....
Such a huge mix of emotions...so excited to meet our daughter and see the beautiful country where she was born. I'm really looking forward to an adventure with my husband that we will be able to share together and remember forever. I am also SO nervous to leave my boys. My beautiful boys. I know they will be well taken care of and we will be back before we know it, but it is the first time we have left them for this long and the heaviness of being apart and all the "what ifs" have taken it's toll on me.
Yesterday was my birthday and it is always a time of reflection for me. I spent a lot of time thinking about how amazing my life has been. A fun and wonderful childhood. Years of valuable education and experiences. Helping others through my career. Experiencing a beautiful wedding day when I married the man of my dreams. And the most important and meaningful experience of my life.....giving birth to my wonderful boys. When people say, "Count your blessings," I can't even count that high.
Now I am about to add another blessing to my list. A daughter. What a life I've had....and it's only getting better!!!
See you on the flip side.
Love and peace to all....xoxo, Harmony


6 comments:
So happy and excited for you Harmony!!
Oh wow, how exciting!
Try and enjoy yourself! And document everything you can! I think I have forgotten more than I remember! And give that baby an extra squeeze from us!
Ooooooo--prayers for you for safe, speedy travels to bring that blessed baby girlie home soon! Howling at the moon in happiness for you tonight!
Happy birthday!! Enjoy every moment of your trip -- it will indeed be unforgettable!
Oh Harmony, so, so, so happy for you. I get chills thinking about it.
Post a Comment