Seven....lucky (in our family we say "luckey") number seven. We have been on the waitlist for 7 months, waiting to hear about a little girl who needs our family because boy do we need our little girl ;) I was thinking about how long this process really has been and we are going on a year and a half. Last year this time we had learned about a 15 yr. old that was pregnant and wanted to place her baby for adoption, so we rode that roller coaster all summer and in the end she kept her baby. It was exhausting and heart breaking, but in the end (after a couple months) we knew that we were on the right path to Ethiopia and that detour was not for us. I am still in touch with "G", the birthmom and it sounds like they are doing pretty well, and I think that experience was meant to bring us together because she really needed a positive influence in her life and I'm glad I was able to help. But, wow, it's been a year since all that started!!
So, here's the deal....we need some good energy, prayers, positive thoughts, rain dances (okay, not that one) for a referral in June!!! If we do not get our referral in June we will most likely have to wait through court closure. Courts close August and re-open the first week in Oct. And although I know the wait is always worth it....I don't want to wait that long ;) So, let's hope we get the phone call in June...oh, and my hubby and I just realized last night that he will be out of town for a week in June, so of'course it will come then....ha!!!
Here's the update on our numbers:
Little girl 16-24 months....we are #1....yes, we are NEXT
Baby girl 4-16 months....we are #5
Siblings that match our request....we are #1....yes, we are NEXT
Our case manager said that she doesn't have any new info right now but the Ethiopian representative said he expects more referrals before courts close.....Please let ours be in there!!!


11 comments:
holy moly... #1 for siblings too. That is CRAZY!!!!!!!!!! I can't wait for you to get that call. I really think June is your month and I have thought that all along. Lots of positive vibes and prayers are being sent your way- I'll dance too if that's what it takes ;)
June is your month - I think I predicted May/June back in Jan/Feb, and you know I must be right! Are you first for both types of sibling referrals that you've requested ? (O think that you are)!
This is all so exciting! Praying for this to come through before the courts close!!!!! Keep us all posted...so excited for you! :D
I cannot believe it's been a year since that emotional roller coaster! Time sure does fly! That is super exciting that you are number 1 on both of those lists!!! Your referral is on its way and I can't wait to see pics of your gorgeous baby (ies) and your family celebrations!!!!
Lucky 7...sending prayers your way!
It's gonna happen!!!! Any second!!!! WOW!
I'm stomping in mud puddles and flapping my hands in the air for you!!! Bring on the rain! Bring on the baby girlie!!!
wowzers--this is so exciting.
Sending good thoughts for a referral soon, soon, soon!!!
It's going to be your month, it's going to be your month, it's going to be your month!:)
I also have a good feeling that one of those referrals coming in June is for you! Praying for it.
Wooo Hoooo - double ones! Praying for June, for both of us!!! ;O)
Post a Comment