Tuesday, December 8, 2009

Fermember When. Uneasy.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
I just feel kind of "uneasy" today.  I was thinking about that word and realized how perfect it is..."uneasy" as in, "not easy".  Sometimes life is just not easy, okay, maybe a lot of the time.  I don't like to be a downer, I don't like to whine, but today I just need to a little.  If there was a font for whining I would use it, but instead you need to imagine it in your head...kind of annoying, huh, oh well, here goes.....
Before Thanksgiving I felt like I had a HUGE life moment when I figured out that I need to get back into my art and creative life.  I pulled out my supplies and bought more (Merry Christmas to me) and set up a space and started creating.  I have almost finished 2 pieces and have tons more in my head.  I want to practice, I want to learn more techniques.  I feel calm, grounded, right in the world when I am in my art space.
Now....I can't find the time.  I know it's the Holidays, but I also have work, kids, a house, a husband, friends, family, did I mention kids??  I haven't been back to my space since we returned from Thanksgiving.  I just don't know how to make it part of my routine.
So, how do you make time for the things you love to do??  Your hobbies?? Your callings??
There must be a way, right???
(you can turn off the whine font now, thanks for listening:)

5 comments:

Brendan and Mary said...

I have no hobbies anymore for that very reason...let me know if you find the answer :)

Becca said...

Hi!! You don't know me but I am adopting from Ethiopia as well...I found your blog through another blog (Our adoption Story) and I am adopting as well from Ethiopia but through another agency. I saw you wrote you live in Temecula. I am there often as my good friend lives there. Well we now moved to Oregon so we won't be there as often, but I thought it was still neat! Great to "meet" people in the same process as us. :D
Blessings to you and your family!
Becca

kristin said...

Hi! I am glad you found me to. :) If you want to get beter at photography... just read read read, experiement and ask lots of questions! I did. :)

You can write me at Chozngirl@aol.com

Zoe said...

Ah, the plight of almost every busy mom I know -- not enough time!!! If you were a coaching client of mine, I would say:

(a) Go easy on yourself this month because it's the busiest time of year for most people, but it will pass and life will get back to "normal" busy.

(b) Treat your art/creative time as an important appointment and schedule specific time in your day or week for it the way you would schedule any other appt. It's easy to break commitments with ourself, so ask someone to hold you accountable to these appointments.

Final thought: Don't treat your art as extraneous or less than important. It obviously fills you up, therefore it is more than a fun hobby, but an important part of who you are. It will allow you to better give of yourself to everyone and everything else.

writex3 said...

I've had to just accept that some things have to be put aside this month, there just aren't enough hours in the day right now. Good thing January's a long month (-: